Would you tell him I’m out?

出版時間 2011/05/23
Would you tell him I’m out?

鮑伯:喂,我是威爾森辦公用品公司的鮑伯萊特。請幫我轉雪莉西爾好嗎?
溫蒂:她今天恐怕已經離開公司囉。
鮑伯:有能讓我聯絡到她的方法嗎?這件事很緊急。
溫蒂:我把她的手機號碼給你吧。

◎ She’s not in the office right now. She should be back
by 4:00. 她現在不在辦公室。四點之前應該會回來。
◎ She stepped out for a moment. She should be back soon.
她外出一下,應該很快就會回來。
◎ She’s out to lunch. She’ll be back within an hour.
她外出吃午餐,一個小時之內會回來。
◎ She’s away on business. She won’t be back till Thursday.
她出差去了,要到星期四才會回來。
◎ I’m afraid Ms. Hill is off today.西爾小姐今天休假。
◎ I’m afraid Ms. Hill isn’t in today.西爾小姐今天沒來。

◎ In that case, let me give you her home number.
這樣的話,我把她家裡的電話號碼給你。
◎ I’ll have her call you as soon as she gets back.
她一回來,我就請她回電給你。
◎ Let me give you her new number at the London office.
我把她在倫敦辦事處的新電話號碼給你。
◎ You could try contacting her by e-mail.
你可以試試透過電子郵件跟她聯絡。
◎ Sorry, but we’re not allowed to give out home numbers.
抱歉,我們不能把家裡電話給別人。


一指在APP內訂閱《蘋果新聞網》按此了解更多


《蘋果》全新四大主題新聞信 盯緊疫情及重要新聞 訂閱完全免費
點我訂閲新聞信